Our Vision is to bring resources together to create safe and functional homes for our middle Tennessee neighbors.
Our Impact is felt by:
- Elderly and people with disabilities who had critical housing issues and can now remain in a safe, functional home awhile longer.
- The case managers who knew their situations and referred them to us for assistance.
- The neighborhoods and apartment complexes that are able to retain affordable housing in their community.
Three key partners combine to make it possible to improve the ability of vulnerable residents to remain in their homes:
- Skilled professional builders who work on the clients homes.
- The volunteers who join in two days a month to help build, serve meals, sort, pack, and move as the needs require.
- Money and in-kind gifts from grants, individuals and churches.
Westminster Presbyterian Disaster Assistance began from the May 2010 flood. More than 1,800 volunteers donated almost 70,000 hours of direct assistance, with an impact of $2.6 million. Westminster realized that many people had home repair and maintenance needs beyond the flood damage. We move from flood recovery to critical home repairs. In February 2013 we incorporated as Westminster Home Connection. > Read more about our history.